Saturday 5 July 2014

Here We Go Again...

I'm off to NBWA (New Breed) later this evening, a wrestling show that is as local as it's going to get for me; just forty minutes up the road in Banbury, Oxfordshire. For those that have read my previous 'weekend of (British) wrestling' reviews, you'll know that I have been very critical (constructively) of NBWA in the shows that I have been to... hopefully after tonight's show, that can change (maybe) and I can start to say nice things!

Going into tonight's show, I'm a little cautious about how things are run now. From looking at the previous shows, I can see that there hasn't been a need for a 'star', former WWE this or WCW that on the card. This is a positive as I don't feel that smaller shows need these types of 'stars' as the majority of the audience won't have a clue who they are. But that's an article for another time...

I'm aware that they have a partnership (?) with TAW, a Milton Keynes based wrestling show, but I'm unsure about what they bring. We'll see tonight, I suppose. With TAW's involvement, and NBWA being under the NWA banner (I'm still not sure the worth behind that), I sometimes wonder what NBWA bring to these shows themselves.

I believe the changes above are because of the change of booker/runner-of-the-show. Unless I'm mistaken, Adi is now 'in charge' and I think this is a much smarter move than what was going on before. I like Adi and am willing to give him a fair shout. I'm glad that he's been given the opportunity to put a wrestling show together that will attract more fans and balance the books in the process.

I also came across a promo on Facebook, where Frankie Fellasarno delivered a warning to his opponent for tonight. I'm still a little confused about how "pulling down the bottom rope" can cause someone a loss...

Frankie's words for Kirk Langley (link)

Also, what's up with Frankie being friends with Kirk on Facebook... Kayfabe and all that, boys...

@jimmosangle

No comments:

Post a Comment