Friday 19 October 2012

Raw highlights 15/10/12

This weeks highlights/comments will be a bit shorter this week as I found a Youtube link late on this week so have only seen little snippets of the show!

I've caught the CM Punk/Cena/Ryback decision and also wanted to check out the new stable of 3MB - Slater, McIntyre and Mahal.

I'll start with the new Job Squad, or Job Squad 2000 if you like?! This week saw another showing of the newly named 3MB (3 Man Band?) - Heath Slater (leader, I guess), Drew McIntyre and Jinder Mahal - beating on Santino (again) and Zach Ryder.

There was also a comedy segment (if you can call it that) of them taking over a bar's stage. I think even the people of this bar were wondering who they were and what they thought they were doing. I'm really not sure about this group; they seem like they've been thrown together as they're not working out in singles competition.

Individually, I can just about take Slater and McIntyre, probably to be used on one of the lesser shows. Mahal I have no time for at all. His claim to fame just lately was giving Ryback a run for his money in one match - a lot more offense than I would have thought they'd have given him against a machine that Ryback was even then.

Another downside to them is their 'sign' - raising three fingers - this is a bit too close to the 4Horsemen for my liking, especially as these will NEVER get near to the greatness of that stable!

I think the only plus that this group have is that they all wore leathers to the ring - this goes along with my rule that a tag team (and in this case threesome/stable) should dress the same/similar. I hope for better things in the coming weeks but don't hold my breathe.

Obviously, the main part of the show featured the Punk/Cena/Ryback decision. This was decided by Vince after Punk was given the chance to decide for himself but hesitated.

Ultimately, all parties (apart from Punk) agreed that Ryback was the choice to go with. This really bothered me for a few reasons. Cena is obviously still recovering from the surgery he had a few weeks ago so Plan B was needed!

I really don't like Cena's reasoning behind this decision. He says that someone needs to kick Punk's ass - and that person should be Ryback. Why doesn't Cena want to do the job himself? Surely he should take every opportunity he can get at Punk, so why give that chance away? This really makes Cena look a chump - and also, for me, makes people hate/boo him even more than he already gets. It makes it seem that Cena can give up opportunities all the time because he knows he'll get further matches in the future. How disrespectful is that towards Punk AND the WWE Championship itself?

Cena also went on to lick Ryback's ass further. I'm not sure why though? Does he think by backing Ryback he's going to get cheered for being such a good sport? Desperation...

The biggest question this scenario brings up is how is the match going to play out at HIAC? Punk has to retain, it's as simple as that. There's no way that he's gone 330+ days as champ only to lose to Ryback at the first attempt (not to mention that that would make Cena look weak for not beating him in all the previous matches). Ryback can't lose either though, as the streak he's on is getting him more and more popular. If they end that streak then they end his mystique, no matter how they get to that finish.

The only outcome that springs to mind is a non-finish, but this goes against the point of a Hell in a Cell match - there has to be a decisive outcome. I suppose there's still time to change things leading up to the PPV, so we'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment