Thursday 19 September 2013

Jimmo's Angle Special: One Year of Jimmo's Angle

Thursday 19th September 2013

Today marks the one year anniversary of Jimmo's Angle. I'm very proud of this (as I was for my 100th article and reaching 10,000 views - both quite recently).

The first few months saw me give my take on issues in and around the WWE; if something bothered me I would write about it; if something interested me I would write about it. At times I was writing three, nearly four, articles a week! Looking back, I'm not sure how I did this?! Now I try to sit back and enjoy WWE television and for the most part, I do. This has been made easier by the compelling tv that they have put on in the last few months.

I hope that not doing too much in such a short time will also improve my writing. It will give me the chance to think about one article or issue in greater depth to come up with a better argument and an interesting read for those that find my blog.

2013 has seen me go to more and more UK wrestling shows, too. Admittedly, I have focused my attention on somewhat local promotions, but this is something I'm not ashamed of and something that I feel is important in getting their names out there and seen by as many people as possible. In some small way I hope I can influence a few people each time so that they decide to attend a UK-based wrestling event.

This year I have also been privileged to see behind-the-scenes of some shows and this is due to having a few friends that work on the shows. I'm very grateful to these guys for the opportunity that they have given me and I hope they know it. As a result of going to these shows and reviewing most, I have also been offered opportunities to further my writing - this is also something I'm grateful for, and slightly overwhelmed about, too!

To sum up, the last year has been a really progressive one. I've had great support from most people and hopefully I've surprised a few others with my persistence and drive to do well at this writing game. Either way, I'm going to continue, try my best to learn and improve, and look for opportunities to get my views and opinions to as many eyes as I can.

Thank you to everyone that has read, liked and shared my work in the last year. Thank you to anyone that has given me any comments or feedback - this is something that is still lacking, though, and I hope for more feedback so I know what areas to work on.

Here's to the next year!

@jimmosangle

No comments:

Post a Comment