Thursday 19 September 2013

Jimmo's Angle Special: NBWA '7 Deadly Sins' Preview: Kay Jutler vs El Ligero

This Saturday, NBWA (New Breed Wrestling Association) presents '7 Deadly Sins', their seventh show of the year. This will again be in the Spiceball Leisure Centre in Banbury, Oxfordshire. The headline match will be a rematch for the NBWA Championship between Champion El Ligero and challenger Kay Jutler.


This match is due to Jutler's rematch clause that entitles him a chance at regaining the belt that he held so dear for so long. After becoming the 'Face of the NBWA' since its inception this year, Jutler was a proud and dominating champion before he met his match in the very talented El Ligero. Their two-out-of-three-falls war at the 'Home Is Where The Hart Is' show back in June showed the determination, fight and spirit of both men with Ligero finally being the man to defeat Jutler in sudden death overtime.

Since then, Jutler has been on the war path, fighting off such names as Stixx and Doug Williams on his way to getting his chance at the NBWA Championship. I managed to catch up with the 'most handsome man in wrestling' to get his thoughts about his opponent and their upcoming rematch:

Jutler on Ligero: 
"My first match in this crazy business was with El Ligero standing as my tag team partner. Now some nine years later we’re in the biggest feud in the NBWA. I would be lying if I said I didn’t respect the man, but I make a living from being the best, not being the nicest guy in the locker room. I have always strived to be the greatest athlete in professional wrestling. My victories across the globe stand as proof of that, but when El Ligero gets voted as the number 1 wrestler in Britain that strikes a nerve. It’s I who beat 29 other athletes on the NBWA debut show. It’s I who was crowned the first ever NBWA Heavyweight Champion and its I who beat El ligero in defence of that Heavyweight Championship. For him to be holding my belt is a personal insult. Despite how many people love him I am the number one wrestler in Britain, I am the NBWA’s top star and I am the REAL NBWA heavyweight champion."

Jutler on 2/3 Falls match at previous show: 
"Lets clarify a few things. Before that match I already held one victory over El Ligero from his last attempt at taking my belt. So logic dictates I should have already been one fall up going into that match. The NBWA management didn’t see it that way so we had to start from zero. I beat him down to the point that he couldn’t get back in the ring. I gained the first fall. Now combine that with my victory I already had over him two months prior and you’ve got a clear winner right there! Then the referee gave me a quick count whilst Ligero had me rolled up with a hand full of my tights so Ligero was gifted a fall against me. That was an unfair decision on the part of the referee but we haven't even scratched the surface of the injustices that night. Finally Ligero somehow drags me off the top rope with a vertical suplex, I am sure should have been made illegal from that height, causing me a slipped disc. I wasn’t able to get to my feet for the ten-count but neither was Ligero. It was a double count-out which means we technically both gained a fall on each other. So that means we were at two falls each - a draw! Now as we all know in the event of a draw the champion retains his title, but no! Management, not content with screwing me once, had to come out and screw me again by re-starting the match. There is not a sane individual on this planet that would deem that fair! Ligero hit me with a cheap shot and rolled me up stealing my Heavyweight Title in an injustice of biblical proportions."

Jutler on Saturday's rematch: 
"The simple fact is, from my early years under Ligero's wing, to my present days as the top star in British wrestling, I have learned everything Ligero has to throw at me. Ligero's problem is that he hasn’t paid attention to how I have progressed and developed. Ligero thinks he can beat me, but I know I can beat him. I have defended my title successfully against him but he has yet to defend the title against me. All I can say is the wolf climbing the hill is hungrier than the masked idiot on the top."
As you can see from Jutler's comments, he is very confident heading into this match on Saturday. He also feels that there is a score to settle after his loss to 'The Mexican Sensation' on the last occasion that they met.

Saturday will also see another mouth-watering match in former TNA star Doug Williams taking on 'Showcase' Stu Oddyssey in a 'World of Sport' rules match. These two heavy-hitters will be sure to put on a war, paying homage to the rules that made wrestling famous in the UK.


Be sure to get yourself along to the Spiceball Leisure Centre, Banbury, Oxfordshire (OX16 2BW) to see all the stars of the NBWA. Please be aware that this is an adult-themed show and under-16s are advised to be accompanied by a responsible adult.

Support British Wrestling
@jimmosangle

No comments:

Post a Comment