Monday 30 June 2014

The Review I Didn't Do...

So, it's been a couple of weeks since I went to the Pro Evolution Wrestling show in Trowbridge and I still feel weird and bad that I didn't do my usual weekend of wrestling post.

Despite not doing it, I still felt the need to tweet the guys from the match that I regarded the best of the night - The Alpha Males (Charlie and Iestyn) against The Firm (Martin Stone and Sha Samuels). This match was supposed to be the main event of the evening but had to be brought forward due to outside factors, and you could see that it would've been a hell-of-a main event!

I've only really seen Sha once before and he didn't get too much of a look-in (this was when he replaced Nathan Cruz at a recent PROGRESS show). This time he, along with Stone, were tremendous. From the moment they came out to challenge the Alphas they gained heat and hatred from the crowd; they were genuinely scary. Both shouting 'EAST!!' and getting right in the faces of the fans was brilliant to watch - this is how I like my heels!

Leading up to the match was great; the match was superb and was head-and-shoulders above the rest; the finish was great and after running the East Londoners out of ringside, the Alphas looked solid Tag Team Champions as a result. I would happily see Stone and Samuels team up to take on the Alphas in the future - excellent match!

I really needed to give them four guys huge appreciation in them paragraphs.

A situation from that show that really left a nasty taste in my mouth was when a certain 'name' of British wrestling didn't show and could've put the show in the sh*t. Luckily there was a more-than-adequate replacement at the venue to fill the void. Now, I don't know all the details of why, and maybe things have been resolved now, but if the reasons for the no-show are as suspected at the time then that is awful and unacceptable. It's something that should never happen if British wrestling is to gain a good reputation and not be seen as a shambles. But, I suppose you don't have to worry about where you're booked when you reach a certain level.

I genuinely hope that things have been resolved as far as this situation goes and the right thing has been done since...

Support British Wrestling

@jimmosangle

No comments:

Post a Comment