Sunday 18 August 2013

Summerslam 2013 Predictions

I'm not normally one for predictions on WWE events. For one, I don't like to make myself look a tit by getting it wrong! I also would rather not show what a smarky f*ck I've become by getting the majority right!!

I just wanted to have a quick run through of what I think the outcomes will be tonight. I base these on what I see as making sense after the last several weeks of WWE television; let the smarky-f*cking begin:

Pre-show: US Championship - Dean Ambrose (c) vs Rob Van Dam
Even though RVD has become popular again (don't worry this won't last!) I think he's there to elevate rather than steal the spotlight. Also, there's something about him not having to do much after 90 days of his contract, so I'm going with an Ambrose win. Or at least Ambrose retaining due to outside interference (i.e Rollins and Reigns causing the DQ finish). This will lead to Big Show and Mark Henry coming to make the save and a potential six-man-tag or even a Tag Team Title match on the main show.
Jimmo's pick: RVD (by DQ); Ambrose still US Champion

Diva's Match
Jimmo's pick: I really don't care. Ever.

Mixed Tag Match: Dolph Ziggler/Kaitlyn vs Big E Langston/AJ
Nice and simple for me - this feud must end, and have a happy ending at that. Therefore I can't see anything other than a Dolph and Kaitlyn win so everyone can get on with their lives. Oh, and also Big E and AJ lost to Khali and Natalya the other day so that convinced me further.
Jimmo's pick: Dolph Ziggler and Kaitlyn

Ring of Fire Match: Kane vs Bray Wyatt
Again, easy decision for me. Bray Wyatt is one of the freshest characters that WWE has brought up to the main roster. He believes in his gimmick and it is getting over - big time. This'll be a great scalp for him to have going forward. And he'll be beating Kane at his own match - not that he's won many anyway. Isn't this a slightly nicer way of calling it something other than an 'Inferno Match'?
Jimmo's pick: Bray Wyatt

World Heavyweight Championship - Alberto Del Rio (c) vs Christian
Unfortunately for Christian, I don't sympathise with his 'one more match' crap. Bigger names have received chants of 'one more match' that are more deserving and I would agree for them to return. Not Christian, though. Another unfortunate thing for Christian is that he keeps beating Alberto in singles matches just lately (therefore, why the hell should we care for it to be on pay-per-view here?) which tells me that based on this type of pattern leading to a PPV that this is; Alberto will retain. Meaning Christian will have to have ANOTHER one more match. Sigh.
Jimmo's pick: Alberto Del Rio

The Best vs The Beast: CM Punk vs Brock Lesnar (w/ Paul Heyman)
This has been one of the two selling points of the PPV and it will deliver. Both guys know how to put on a show and a great match. I think this is the last of Brock's allotted matches this year so I have to go with keeping Brock strong seeing as Triple H had to take a win back earlier in the year. Not sure where Punk goes from a loss, though, but he can always keep chasing Heyman in the meantime.
Jimmo's pick: Brock Lesnar

WWE Championship - John Cena (c) vs Daniel Bryan
Huge talk has surrounded this match. It should be an epic - I really hope that it is. There are lots of possible endings, too. I think the one likelihood is that Daniel Bryan is finally getting the elevation he deserves. I'd love to see him make Cena tap out, but I'll settle for just a pinfall victory. John probably won't be that giving. The unpredictability lies with what happens after this match. Will Orton cash-in? If so will he be assisted? My hope is for a new style Corporation with Orton being the new Corporate Champion, backed by BOTH Vince and Triple H. The only hole in my plan is that it's probably going to be Vince vs Triple H heading towards Wrestlemania next year so they'll probably need to be on opposing sides on the lead-up. So maybe just Vince helping Orton (with ref Maddox) and Hunter being Bryan's back-up in any future plans.
Jimmo's pick: I'll jump on the bandwagon and say Daniel Bryan new champion followed by the Orton cash-in.

Whatever happens, it's exciting that everyone is SO behind Bryan. It's great that Summerslam has something that makes it the second biggest show of the year - as it always should be presented!

@jimmosangle

No comments:

Post a Comment